<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9342502?origin\x3dhttp://beachbutterfly.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>

Thursday, February 03, 2005

For those of you who read my blog fairly regularly, you know that I've been on a break for a week now. For the whole week that I didn't have to go to uni, I've been bumming --- watching endless FRIENDS episodes, religiously following dr. phil (desparate. i know!) and oprah, looking out for the new shows that are coming out this season, munching endlessly on whatever I dig out of the pantry or the fridge, and basically lying in front of the TV and surfing, chatting, mailing and blogging of course!


I've accomplished nothing.. until today. i finally did all the things i was meaning to accomplish for the past couple of weeks -- sort out my room and clean the ensuite bathroom. It was on top of my to-do list but up until now i just couldn't be asked to do it just yet (oh sue me! it's my break.. i am entitled to put things off as long as i want).


I started by finally putting sheets on my bed (for a week now, since i washed my sheets i've been snuggling under a naked quilt and caseless pillow -- it ain't dirty! don't worry!); organizing my desk, readying it for next semester's piles of papers; hanging a pretty cloth on the wall behind my bed (ron reckons my wall looks too bare); wiping my wardrobe's mirror and the sliding door, vacumming the carpet. alphabetizing my CDs (most of which i ripped off ron's mac) and just basically setting things where they're supposed to be.


I then set out to (obsessively) eliminate all traces of grime in the sink, scrubbing the loo till it shone, wiping the mirror and shower stall, organizing the plethora of lotions, body creams, perfumes and whatnots larla and i own, and mopping the tiles till i can see my own reflection in each and everyone of them (ok.. that might be a bit exaggerated). I even managed to get a load of wash in the machine. Times like these.. i sorely miss the maids who do all the heavy cleaning for us back in Manila. I truly appreciate their hard work.. now that I have to do all these myself. (you people back home -- give your yayas a big hug! life's not easy without them)


So basically.. I'm beat. I am high from the windex (inhaling too much windex and mr.muscle gives you a heady feeling, i'm telling yah!), my arms hurt from all the wiping, vacuming and mopping that i just did. But I feel heaps good. I'm finally going to sleep on a bed with pretty (purple and pink!) sheets, my stuff are where they're supposed to be and my loo is back to its sanitized state.


So with that.. i am off to take another shower and then to bed to snuggle in while watching 'The Secret Life of Us' CDs ron got me addicted to. G'night y'all!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

earlier this day before i started my obsessive tidying i answered a survey:

some things you may not know about ME
it's a friendster survey.. sue me. I'm bored -- and it's my blog! :P

Five Things You May Not Know About My Time in High School

*I was kicked out of the honour's class because I got a 76 in Algebra

*I never looked good in our highschool uniform

*I was ALWAYS late back in highschool (well.. until now really)

*I never studied for my exams

*I'd make my friends' debate speeches for them

Five Things You May Not Know About the Job/s I Have (or Had)

*I was paid $10 per hour to help kids from the I.S. in Kazahkstan do their homework

*I never had a lesson plan

*I taught a Mafia boss' kid who lived in a kick ass mansion near the ski slope (chimbulak)

*I bought a boombox with my first salary

*I was overpaid for doing something I would have done for free (i mean come on.. i was a bum!)

Five Things You May Not Know About My Online Life:

*My flatmate says i'm a blog addict.

*The first things i open when i go on line is my blog, my yahoo mail, YM and MSN messenger.

*My default page is my blog.

*I check INQ7.net constantly to catch up on the latest showbiz news back home

*I have 4 networks: friendster, hi5, myspace & sms.ac

Five Things You May Not Know About Where I Live:

*I live in a 3 bedroom flat.

*I can see my uni from our balcony

*I can see through the windows of the flat across from ours (haha. stalker!)

*The walls are thin, so you can hear your neighbors sometimes especially if the couple in the next flat is fighting

*I have my own bedroom with the ensuite and a sliding door to the balcony.

Five Things You May Not Know About My Home Life:

*I live with my older sister and my bestfriend ron.

*I don't cook unless no one is there to cook for me and I'm desperately hungry.

*The people in this flat know too much about each other already.

*My bedroom is the only room in this flat without a TV.

*We're always on-line so you can hardly reach us through our landline number. You're better off calling our mobiles.

Five Things You May Not Know that I Desperately Want:

*to have my family together (we're scattered all over the world!) for a few more years

*to come home to visit Manila whenever I want or to visit my eldest sister in new jersey real soon

*to finish uni and go on to take a post grad course

*to go to the beach!

*to stick to a proper diet so that i ca loose weight

Five Embarrassing Fannish Admissions I Have That You May Not Know:

*I watched the whole first season of meteor garden from VCD box sets we borrowed from a filo friend here in Oz

*I have a huge crush on Rove McMannus of Rove Live

*Even though I claim not to like it, i actually enjoy watching the OC.

*I love watching Reality TV shows.. even the really dumb ones

*I actually enjoy watching Dr. Phil no matter how irritating I find him to be sometimes

Five Things You May Not Know About What I Do in a Typical Day:

*I take at least an hour and a half to get ready for uni

*I decide what to wear after I watch the weather report for the next day

*I drink coffee out in the balcony first thing in the morning everyday

*I press the snooze button at least 3 times before i finally stand up

*I have a nightly routine i never break (unless I'm really really smashed)

beachbutterfly babbled @ 1:54 AM |

    <$BlogItemBody$>
<$BlogItemAuthor$> wrote on <$BlogItemDateTime$>

photos by ron rillo
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

i'm always on the verge of going somewhere else. Not one to settle, i've lived in 7 cities, 4 countries.. and well.. i intend to keep on counting. i live for travelling, shopping, making my parents proud, going to the beach, hanging out with people as insane as i am, boozing and ummm.. having the freedom to be the occasional bum

with ling

~recent ramblings~

~monthly mouthfuls~

March 1999 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 May 2008

~links to my life~

my university
where i am
my highschool
where i'm from
my pictures

~REGULAR READS~

news from home
news here
girly news
world news

~MY NETWORKS~

friendster
hi5
sms.ac
myspace
rice bowl journals
multiply
facebook

~see the sites~

~frequent feeds~

~hit here~

~mail me~

~email my gmail~

~posers!~

~FAB FAMILY~

with ling pebble beach, california with ling war memorial, Canberra with ling hongkong ferry with ling chay&ling @ cena with ling mini me w/ cuzn chie with ling kazahkstan with ling NYE 2005 Sydney with ling wijah, little tea pot with ling bateman's bay

~FREAKY FRIENDS~

with ling Alcoholic KZ crew with ling with flatmate and best friend ron with ling university freaks with ling university kids with ling josh pissed as usual with ling with tete on my 21st with ling filos in uni clinton, alice, rog, ron beach buddies

~credits~

an online asian journaling community Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Powered by Blogger

Skin name: Forever Friends
Picture by: Creatas
Layout by: Mamafai