<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9342502?origin\x3dhttp://beachbutterfly.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Freedom is not the absence of commitments,
but the abilit
y to choose - and commit oneself to
- what is best for you.

~Paolo Coelho; The Zahir~

What was best for me these past few days was a lot of rest. I had no choice really.

I found myself incapacitated these past few days. I wouldn't go into the details of what my ailments are but I'll have you all know it's been painful and uncomfortable.


I think I scared them all last Sunday as i was literally crying in pain and moaning about how much it hurts. They offered to take me to the hospital and then after a while they forced me to go. (Jeff threatened to carry me to the car. I think he was panicking over my groaning.. my crying WAS admittedly, frightening. It even scared me as I know my pain threshold is considerably higher than other people). I only calmed down when Rog said they're taking me to the after hours clinic (it was about 9ish) and NOT the emergency ward. So fine. We went.. got the meds I needed and settled in to bed after much whinging and whimpering from moi.

it's a good thing that it's our 2 week study break from uni so I'm not missing any classes and such but I meant to use this time to do my essays and presentations which are all due straight after the break. I wasn't able to do much though as I have been in and out of consciousness as I am taking this particularly toxic pain killer that just knocks me out straight away. I still feel a lot of discomfort but it's getting better and I've stopped the pain killers so at least I am conscious now and not just lying on the couch or in bed all day.

So what have I been doing with myself while my boyfriend and flatmates dutifully go off to work and I am left to my devices at home?

Well..

~I've been taking baths everyday which helps ease the discomfort in some level.

I am slowly depleting my supply of bath pearls and bath salts and bubbles. Poo! I have to go out and buy some more soon. Soon as i can actually have the enrgy to go out into the world that is. (and yes.. i purposefully made all my bath stuff match so it'd look pretty)

~ Also.. I've been reading quite a lot. I just read Candace Bushnell's Lipstick Jungle. It wasn't as good as i thought it would be but it was vastly entertaining and a bit inspiring.

Jeff and I - being the nerds that gobbled up other nerds to further enhance our nerd status - signed up as members to the public library system here in Canberra. We've been borrowing books from there which is a brilliant idea as the books here in Oz costs about the price of a good shirt half-price. And it doesn't cost anything to be a member and they actually have a good collection of books and you can even access their electronic database which has proved to be really useful to my research for essays.

~ When my flatmates are home.. we poke! (hee hee. get your head out of the gutter! We play poker!!)No.. we haven't become hardened gamblers. We play all in the spirit of fun and a measely $10 jackpot. I'm not a bad poker player. Sometimes I even get to clean them out.

So there.. that's all.. Now that I'm able to sit up and not fall asleep every 5 minutes I am trying (but failing miserably) to be more productive and do something about the assessments that are due in 2 weeks.

I am starting work on Tuesday. FINALLY!!! And I am likely to be working for most of the week next week setting up shop and all that is involved in opening a branch. I am psyched and nervous.. but the best thing is I'm going to be getting moolah.


But first. my uni work. I wish I could just get on with my essays and shit so it'll be out of the way. After this post I am opening a new document in Microsoft Word and stare at it until coherent arguments magically appear on the page.

wish me luck!

beachbutterfly babbled @ 5:27 PM |

<$BlogItemAuthor$> wrote on <$BlogItemDateTime$>

photos by ron rillo
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

i'm always on the verge of going somewhere else. Not one to settle, i've lived in 7 cities, 4 countries.. and well.. i intend to keep on counting. i live for travelling, shopping, making my parents proud, going to the beach, hanging out with people as insane as i am, boozing and ummm.. having the freedom to be the occasional bum

with ling

~recent ramblings~

~monthly mouthfuls~

March 1999 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 May 2008

~links to my life~

my university
where i am
my highschool
where i'm from
my pictures

~REGULAR READS~

news from home
news here
girly news
world news

~MY NETWORKS~

friendster
hi5
sms.ac
myspace
rice bowl journals
multiply
facebook

~see the sites~

~frequent feeds~

~hit here~

~mail me~

~email my gmail~

~posers!~

~FAB FAMILY~

with ling pebble beach, california with ling war memorial, Canberra with ling hongkong ferry with ling chay&ling @ cena with ling mini me w/ cuzn chie with ling kazahkstan with ling NYE 2005 Sydney with ling wijah, little tea pot with ling bateman's bay

~FREAKY FRIENDS~

with ling Alcoholic KZ crew with ling with flatmate and best friend ron with ling university freaks with ling university kids with ling josh pissed as usual with ling with tete on my 21st with ling filos in uni clinton, alice, rog, ron beach buddies

~credits~

an online asian journaling community Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Powered by Blogger

Skin name: Forever Friends
Picture by: Creatas
Layout by: Mamafai