<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9342502?origin\x3dhttp://beachbutterfly.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>

Friday, August 26, 2005

whip me


Whip me. I've been a bad blogger.

And the thing is.. I have no excuse. I have been the total opposite of Busy. Maybe i've had blogger's block. But well. I'm back.. If only to announce that I am alive and well (much to the disappointment of the people who would rather that i am not. Somewhere out there.. I'm sure someone might fall into this category).
For those of you who are not privy to the story. I am still in Manila. yeah yeah.. I was only supposed to be here for a month.. but due to unmitigaed circumstances my vacation has been extended for a couple more months than expected.


I miss Oz heaps believe me. If I tell u who and what I miss about the land down under.. this post would seem like an obituary. So let's skip that bit (for now), shall we?!

So Manila.. Manila's Manila. it's home. Or at least it has been for most of my life. It's not bad. not bad at all. And when I don't think about what i'm missing in Australia.. life here is good.

For one.. I don't have to do ANY of the chores. My clothes get washed. my bed made. My plates set, taken away and washed. My (good!) food cooked. Everything's cleaned. Without me lifting a finger (except sometimes to press the button that summons the maids.. but usually they come at their own accord.) So life is effortless. And ever so boring of course as chores are the fall back when there is absolutely nothing else to do (right Larla?!).

So what have I been doing to fill my time?!

Well.. I've been tasked with doing the accounting for my cousin's business. If there is something good that comes out of this it is this: the realization that I am NOT made to be an accountant. Although I haven't completely botched up the job just yet.. I'm sure I will in a while.. on account of I am terrible with numbers. My algebra teacher (who got me kicked out of the honour's class way back in highschool) will attest to this. it's not that I hate maths. It's just that maths hate me. Numbers and I.. we don't mesh well. So I try to stay away from it as much as I can. But well.. since now.. I don't have much of a choice but to deal with them damn things.. we've made a truce. They will not make me cry as long as I try to understand what the hell to do with them. Not a bad deal, ei? SO all I'm actually saying is.. It's not bad. And i've been told I'm doing a dandy job of book keeping. hooray for me.

I have also had my hands full with a crash course to child rearing. Most of my days are spent with my adorable lil nephew. Don't be fooled by his angelic smile as he has a terrible temper that needs to be assuaged soon as you know a tantrum is coming. He can kick and scream like holy hell. But I love him to bits. Having to spend whole days with him made me realize what a full time and hands on job motherhood is. Every minute of everyday has to be devoted to the little bundle of joy: cute little babies need to be bathed (twice a day!), changed, fed (every two hours!), entertained, lulled to sleep (as many as 5 times a day!), burped, read to, sang to, carried, talked to, and watched 24 hours a day. I don't know how mothers without nannies manage. The household (of 10) attend to his every need but we all still end up running around the house to make sure every need is met. So lesson number two: I am so NOT ready for motherhood. It is demanding and exhausting. I've also come to know that it is rewarding.. every new trick he learns is exclaimed upon and celebrated and each progress is recorded for posterity's sake. I've come to know how fulfilling it is to watch a little person grow and develop right before your eyes. But it is a responsibility that I am so NOT ready to take on just yet.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
elijah our precious babe

Also (and most significantly..) I have been going out with my boyfriend a lot. So in case you haven't found out yet (everybody seems to have heard already.. even my aunts in California and my mum's colleagues already know) I've gotten back together with my Ex boyfriend (well.. he's no longer an ex now, is he?!). It shouldn't come as much of a surpirse. After all.. it was as expected and anticipated as going to Disneyland on my first trip to California, or having my picture taken in front of the Sydney Opera House when i went to Sydney, or crossing the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco or shopping in Bangkok... or .. well u get my point. When I came home.. I knew it was inevitable and it was a decision that made everybody happy: me, him and my whole family (they're in love with him, u see. Had i not gotten back with him.. they would have disowned me.. but that's not the only reason I got back with him. The more important reason is because we're still in love with each other).

i have always made it a rule not to blog about him. how I felt, how i feel, what he's like and what we do together. I know I have been very open about my life thus far (relatively so at least) But this is one aspect of my mundane life i will not publish in my blog. Gushing about him is what my bestfriend is for. Besides.. he is a private person and he might get pissed at me for publishing the inner workings of our relationship. So that is all I have to say on the matter. That. And that I am happy. very much so.

Hmmmm.. other than those three I've mentioned.. i haven't really been up to much. i have the telly open the whole day so I can catch the Filo programs we don't get in Australia (can't afford the TFC).. Also it is interesting to compare the newly aired Pinoy Big Brother to the Big Brother I've come to know in Australia (the one here is not as juicy.. but i watch it nonetheless.. sorry to hear the Logans won BB in Oz.. my bet was Cristie). I have also been exhausting my aunt's collection of books. Y'all know what a bookworm I am. I've been going to the plethora of malls here as well.. and (very very occasionally) catching up with family and old friends (if u fall under this category and i haven't caught up with u yet, mail me at
chay.pascual@gmail.com or ym me so we can arrange for something. I have more than enough free time.. so let's at least have a coffee date).


So that's it for now. Till the next time i catch the blogging bug (hopefully not as long as my previous absence). in the meantime.. know that life will not always be a smooth ride.. all we can do is ride it out with as much sense of humor as we can muster.

beachbutterfly babbled @ 10:58 PM |

    <$BlogItemBody$>
<$BlogItemAuthor$> wrote on <$BlogItemDateTime$>

photos by ron rillo
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

i'm always on the verge of going somewhere else. Not one to settle, i've lived in 7 cities, 4 countries.. and well.. i intend to keep on counting. i live for travelling, shopping, making my parents proud, going to the beach, hanging out with people as insane as i am, boozing and ummm.. having the freedom to be the occasional bum

with ling

~recent ramblings~

~monthly mouthfuls~

March 1999 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 May 2008

~links to my life~

my university
where i am
my highschool
where i'm from
my pictures

~REGULAR READS~

news from home
news here
girly news
world news

~MY NETWORKS~

friendster
hi5
sms.ac
myspace
rice bowl journals
multiply
facebook

~see the sites~

~frequent feeds~

~hit here~

~mail me~

~email my gmail~

~posers!~

~FAB FAMILY~

with ling pebble beach, california with ling war memorial, Canberra with ling hongkong ferry with ling chay&ling @ cena with ling mini me w/ cuzn chie with ling kazahkstan with ling NYE 2005 Sydney with ling wijah, little tea pot with ling bateman's bay

~FREAKY FRIENDS~

with ling Alcoholic KZ crew with ling with flatmate and best friend ron with ling university freaks with ling university kids with ling josh pissed as usual with ling with tete on my 21st with ling filos in uni clinton, alice, rog, ron beach buddies

~credits~

an online asian journaling community Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Powered by Blogger

Skin name: Forever Friends
Picture by: Creatas
Layout by: Mamafai