<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9342502?origin\x3dhttp://beachbutterfly.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>

Monday, June 11, 2007

can we wait just a minute
slow it down for a minute now baby
your talkin loud
your wilding out
dont seem like my old lady
lets go and play the song we used to play
can we reignite the flame
cause things just aint the same

we can talk about the baby
we can talk until we're crazy
we can focus on it now
or we can focus on it later
we can start another fight
we can argue and fuss all night
but i propose that we go to floor and we slow dance
SLOW DANCE
JOHN LEGEND

The Grass is always greener
when he says sorry with dinner

We had this huge fight, you know? The kind of fight that made me walk out on him so he could stew over the fact that he's done an idiotically inconsiderate thing.

I have mastered the art of making him realise his mistakes without spelling it out to him and at the same time making him repentant.
And he has mastered the art of making me forgive him.

And so he took me out to dinner in Civic.

This always gets me ... when he goes way out of his comfort zone to make me happy.

He's the type of man who won't budge when he finds a comfortable position on the bed. He's not like me who shares the same last name as Dora (the Explorer, if you must know). He breaks out in hives when he has to step outside the two mile radius of our university (where he incidentally lives and where there is also a conveniently close mall).

He hates going to Civic (which is like about a 20 minute ride from where we live) and I love just getting out of our suburb. And I have an inexplicable love for the City Centre (which isn't much really).

So knowing that nothing makes my cold heart melt than a trip to Civic he asked me out on a date.

When you're in a relationship for so long you forget how it feels to be asked out. You forget the feeling of power when you hear that quiver in a guys voice when he's asking you out, that sharp intake of breath they take right before you give your answer. I gave him some time to feel that moment of trepidation as I let my eye flicker to give the effect of uncertainty. Ha ha. I can be so mean sometimes.

Of course I let him take me out. And take me out he did.
I went out with the sweet sweet man that I fell in love.
The one that, for our first date, made genuine Mexican burritos, bought Mexican beer, and a dessert with sombreros because he knows I love Mexican food.

I guess he's heard that the bigger the sin, the bigger the penance.


I'll spare you the details of the night. You've had enough cheesiness to put you off dairy products for a while.

I'll just have you drooling over the delish food we had from Lemongrass.
I forget what we ordered but it's some of the best Thai food I've ever had. It rivals my all time favourite - Woden's
Thai Spice - in ambience, service and taste. And that's saying A LOT.

Yey!! I loved these! It's not Pad Thai.
They were even better!


Citrus sauce made my eyes pop open.
It was so good!


I started taking photos of the food with my mobile and he did too.
I said I'm going to put it in my blog.
He said he'll look at it when he's eating 2 minute noodles.
after dinner Starbucks.
Everytime we go to Civic (which, as I was saying, isn't often) we HAVE to go to Starbucks.
What can I say? He's from Cali. Starbucks coffee runs through the taps there, doesn't it?

And can I just share.. I curled my hair with Larla's curling iron (for the first time!!) for our date.
Look at how pikon I got after about an hour of doing it.

Needless to say, by the end of the night, my hair just looked like I forgot to brush my hair.
I'm hopeless at this wavy thing. I swear.

Oh well.. enough of my mindless ranting.
Wish me luck on my exams!

Labels: , ,

beachbutterfly babbled @ 11:35 PM |

<$BlogItemAuthor$> wrote on <$BlogItemDateTime$>

photos by ron rillo
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

i'm always on the verge of going somewhere else. Not one to settle, i've lived in 7 cities, 4 countries.. and well.. i intend to keep on counting. i live for travelling, shopping, making my parents proud, going to the beach, hanging out with people as insane as i am, boozing and ummm.. having the freedom to be the occasional bum

with ling

~recent ramblings~

~monthly mouthfuls~

March 1999 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 May 2008

~links to my life~

my university
where i am
my highschool
where i'm from
my pictures

~REGULAR READS~

news from home
news here
girly news
world news

~MY NETWORKS~

friendster
hi5
sms.ac
myspace
rice bowl journals
multiply
facebook

~see the sites~

~frequent feeds~

~hit here~

~mail me~

~email my gmail~

~posers!~

~FAB FAMILY~

with ling pebble beach, california with ling war memorial, Canberra with ling hongkong ferry with ling chay&ling @ cena with ling mini me w/ cuzn chie with ling kazahkstan with ling NYE 2005 Sydney with ling wijah, little tea pot with ling bateman's bay

~FREAKY FRIENDS~

with ling Alcoholic KZ crew with ling with flatmate and best friend ron with ling university freaks with ling university kids with ling josh pissed as usual with ling with tete on my 21st with ling filos in uni clinton, alice, rog, ron beach buddies

~credits~

an online asian journaling community Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Powered by Blogger

Skin name: Forever Friends
Picture by: Creatas
Layout by: Mamafai