<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9342502?origin\x3dhttp://beachbutterfly.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

stand still.. don't walk away

Lately.. I have come to realise I have no tolerance for emotional pain. Give me an injury, an illness or even surgery any day. Just don't make me cry or angry.

I tend to be sensible about physical pain.

If it bleeds, wash it out and cover it up.
If it aches, sleep it off.

But what do you do with sadness? How do you wash off tears and cover up misery?
What is the cure for anger when you wake up and you're still fuming?

On account of this I tend to avoid painful situations. I have the tendency to cut off people from my life just so I do not have to deal with confrontation. I have ended relationships because I sensed difficulty on the horizon. I have moved from one country to another without so much as a heads up to my close friends because I hate goodbyes.

I am fully aware that this is a selfish and convulated way to avoid pain. But when my heart is at stake my survival instinct goes into overdrive. I refuse to stand in the middle of the road when I see a bus barreling straight towards me. SO i do what I do best. I walk away.

I think one of the worst things that was said about me is that I give up on people too easily. What makes that statement all the more wrenching is the fact that it may as well be true.

But when I walk away.. when I cut off friends or when I end a relationship .. I'm not giving up on other people. I'm giving up on myself - on my ability to perceive that pain is not always imminent, that people are not always out to hurt me. When I walk away I abandon the belief in the possiblity that the bus that seems to be barreling towards me will actually slow down when it sees me and is not trying to run over me.

I am fully aware that my fear of getting hurt is irrational. But when you've once found pain intolerable, won't you guard against all possibilities of feeling that way again? I am not justifying my selfish actions and irresponsible decisions. In fact, i wish I have been strong enough to deal with the pain and disappointments that have passed instead of turning my back and walking away from them.

But since I could not get my past back I'll make another wish ..
One day, hopefully soon i find the faith to believe again and stand still.

Labels:

beachbutterfly babbled @ 12:45 AM |

<$BlogItemAuthor$> wrote on <$BlogItemDateTime$>

photos by ron rillo
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

i'm always on the verge of going somewhere else. Not one to settle, i've lived in 7 cities, 4 countries.. and well.. i intend to keep on counting. i live for travelling, shopping, making my parents proud, going to the beach, hanging out with people as insane as i am, boozing and ummm.. having the freedom to be the occasional bum

with ling

~recent ramblings~

~monthly mouthfuls~

March 1999 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 May 2008

~links to my life~

my university
where i am
my highschool
where i'm from
my pictures

~REGULAR READS~

news from home
news here
girly news
world news

~MY NETWORKS~

friendster
hi5
sms.ac
myspace
rice bowl journals
multiply
facebook

~see the sites~

~frequent feeds~

~hit here~

~mail me~

~email my gmail~

~posers!~

~FAB FAMILY~

with ling pebble beach, california with ling war memorial, Canberra with ling hongkong ferry with ling chay&ling @ cena with ling mini me w/ cuzn chie with ling kazahkstan with ling NYE 2005 Sydney with ling wijah, little tea pot with ling bateman's bay

~FREAKY FRIENDS~

with ling Alcoholic KZ crew with ling with flatmate and best friend ron with ling university freaks with ling university kids with ling josh pissed as usual with ling with tete on my 21st with ling filos in uni clinton, alice, rog, ron beach buddies

~credits~

an online asian journaling community Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Powered by Blogger

Skin name: Forever Friends
Picture by: Creatas
Layout by: Mamafai