Saturday, January 13, 2007
HOLIDAY POST 1: Better Together
I was going to make a looong post about how wonderful it was to be with family over the holiday. But then I don't want to tear up once again. Let's just say, just when you think you are over the homesickness and reckon you are used to being a (as my mum put it) 'globalised'/diplo/ldr family .. you realise that you're not. That deep down you still miss being part of a nuclear family who enjoys each other's company tremendously and love each other unconditionally.
I'm just so sorry Ate Anj couldn't join us but she was always in our thoughts.
and so maybe I'll just leave it with a collage and a song by Jack Johnson from my fave album of his In Between Dreams.
Better Together
There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard
No song I could sing But I can try for your heart
Our dreams, and they are made out of real things
Like a, shoebox of photographs with sepiatone loving
Love is the answer, At least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? and where do we go? And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together
[Chorus:]
MMM its always better when we're together
Look at the stars when we're together
Its always better when we're together
Yeah, its always better when we're together
And all of these moments just might find there way into my dreams tonight
But I know that theyll be gone when the morning light sings
And brings new things but tomorrow night you see
That theyll be gone too Too many things I have to do
But if all of these dreams might find there way into my day to day scene
Ill be under the impression I was somewhere in between
With only two Just me and you
Not so many things we got to do Or places we got to be
We'll Sit beneath the mango tree
Its always better when we're together
Somewhere in between together
Its always better when we're together
Yeah, its always better when we're together
MMmmmm MMMmmmm Mmmmmm
I believe in memories they look so, so pretty when I sleep
Hey now, and when I wake up,
You look so pretty sleeping next to me
But there is no time,
And there is no song I could sing
And there is no, combination of words I could say
But I will still tell you one thing
We're Better together.
Labels: family, philippines, travel
beachbutterfly babbled @ 3:08 PM
|
<$BlogItemAuthor$>
wrote on <$BlogItemDateTime$>

- Name: beachbutterfly
- Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
i'm always on the verge of going somewhere else. Not one to settle, i've lived in 7 cities, 4 countries.. and well.. i intend to keep on counting. i live for travelling, shopping, making my parents proud, going to the beach, hanging out with people as insane as i am, boozing and ummm.. having the freedom to be the occasional bum
View my complete profile
~recent ramblings~
~monthly mouthfuls~
March 1999
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
May 2008
~links to my life~
my university
where i am
my highschool
where i'm from
my pictures
~REGULAR READS~
news from home
news here
girly news
world news
~MY NETWORKS~
friendster
hi5
sms.ac
myspace
rice bowl journals
multiply
facebook
~see the sites~
~frequent feeds~
~hit here~
~mail me~
~email my gmail~
~posers!~
~FAB FAMILY~
pebble beach, california
war memorial, Canberra
hongkong ferry
chay&ling @ cena
mini me w/ cuzn chie
kazahkstan
NYE 2005 Sydney
wijah, little tea pot
bateman's bay
~FREAKY FRIENDS~
Alcoholic KZ crew
with flatmate and best friend ron
university freaks
university kids
josh pissed as usual
with tete on my 21st
filos in uni
beach buddies
~credits~

Skin name: Forever Friends
Picture by: Creatas
Layout by: Mamafai