Monday, February 05, 2007
"I am so broke I can't even pay attention"
(stolen from a scribbling from the University Bar's toilet stall)
.. this very much describes my current financial situation. I have been shuttling back and forth from my flat to my boyfriend's and an occassional whirl through the mall to drop off a resume so someone would please please give me a job.
So anyhoo.. between that and reading reading reading (i am a nerd. that is an established fact) and watching DVDs of endless TV shows and movies, my life has been pretty much a bore.
So mostly I walk around like a condemned woman with a scarlet letter "L" which pretty much sums up what I am at the moment being unemployed, broke and pretty much damned. The thought MUST FIND JOB ASAP is on rewind in my mind.
Good thing there are some things that jolt me out of this desperate reverie.
Here are a couple of instances when I was yanked out of my self pity into the world of the inanely clueless, the surprisingly breathtaking and the obscenely vain.
------------------------------------------
Waiting for my boyfriend to emerge from a university office I overheard two young(er) blondes talking.. (yes.. i was eavesdropping.. and they were talking quiet loudly anyway)
Blonde 1: Rod is holidaying in some beach in the Philippines
Blonde 2: Who goes to the Philippines anyway?! In fact, where is the Philippines?!
Blonde 1: It's somewhere in Asia
Blonde 2: Is it like a proper country? I don't think I've ever heard anything about it.
Blonde 1: Have you heard of the woman with like a million shoes which she like stole from the poor people?!
Blonde 2: Uh.. yeah.. I think.
Blonde 1: She's from the Philippines!
Blonde 2: oh.
Oh. Indeed.
This conversation was so wrong in so many levels it left me speechless. By the time they walked away my mouth was still hanging open.. I couldn't have corrected nor enlightened them anyway.. I wouldn't know where to start.
-----------------------------------------
I must have passed this bridge a thousand times by now. It crosses Lake Gininderra from Arscott (my boyfriend's dorm) it takes you to the mall, the lighty, the videostore and various fast food chains. Just this morning as I was going to the Labour Club to watch the Super Bowl (yes. as in the Grid Iron Football. don't ask.) I was suddenly struck by the view. The photo's scratchy coz I took it from my mobile but it gave me this 'things are going to be alright feeling' I needed to feel so badly.
-----------------------------------------
I was snooping around Jeff's mobile and found some (and by some I mean quite a lot of) photos of MOI. Good thing my boyfriend is snap happy as I am a cam whore. Perfect match.. Don't you see?! So here's just some of the pictures of me I found in his 1g mobile phone.. Yes I am aware I am being vain but pffffffffffft.

---------------------------------------
and last.. I made a new blogroll of the sites I frequent. They're blogs, sites, emails, etc.. It's going to grow more and more as I add sites that I have come to like. It's at the side bar after my friends' blogs.
Hope you're having a better life right now than I am.
Ta!
Labels: random ramblings, uni life, work
beachbutterfly babbled @ 4:45 PM
|
<$BlogItemAuthor$>
wrote on <$BlogItemDateTime$>

- Name: beachbutterfly
- Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
i'm always on the verge of going somewhere else. Not one to settle, i've lived in 7 cities, 4 countries.. and well.. i intend to keep on counting. i live for travelling, shopping, making my parents proud, going to the beach, hanging out with people as insane as i am, boozing and ummm.. having the freedom to be the occasional bum
View my complete profile
~recent ramblings~
~monthly mouthfuls~
March 1999
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
May 2008
~links to my life~
my university
where i am
my highschool
where i'm from
my pictures
~REGULAR READS~
news from home
news here
girly news
world news
~MY NETWORKS~
friendster
hi5
sms.ac
myspace
rice bowl journals
multiply
facebook
~see the sites~
~frequent feeds~
~hit here~
~mail me~
~email my gmail~
~posers!~
~FAB FAMILY~
pebble beach, california
war memorial, Canberra
hongkong ferry
chay&ling @ cena
mini me w/ cuzn chie
kazahkstan
NYE 2005 Sydney
wijah, little tea pot
bateman's bay
~FREAKY FRIENDS~
Alcoholic KZ crew
with flatmate and best friend ron
university freaks
university kids
josh pissed as usual
with tete on my 21st
filos in uni
beach buddies
~credits~

Skin name: Forever Friends
Picture by: Creatas
Layout by: Mamafai