<xmp> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9342502?origin\x3dhttp://beachbutterfly.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> </xmp>

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cruise Canberra

TIME
sandi thom

time catches everyone
and the world goes round the sun
but the memory lives on in my heart
going back to the start
forever forever forever

even though i'd love to stay
it's time to work not to time to play
and even though you're now for me
soon you'll be a memory

Lately.. I have been feeling a bit pensive about my time here in Canberra. Anybody who hears that I go to uni in Canberra gives me a puzzled look and blurts out "but I hear that place is a sh*t hole". I used to defend this city and say it's a lot of wonderful things especially for someone who is out here to get a degree but I've come to realise that it's just one of those things that you'll only understand and love if you've come to experience it for yourself.

I love this place. It's small and peaceful (relatively more so than most places at least). It's clean and beautiful and there are a lot hidden gems just waiting to be discovered. I am graduating in December and my time in the Bush Capital is about to end and there are still a lot places I'd love to visit. Some of these places are obvious destinations you'd have thought I'm already tired of. The thing is I've always been assured that I have a lot of time to go to these touristy things so I never found the time to go.. but now I know I have to be aggressive about seeing these places because, as I said, my time here is ticking and I'd feel really disappointed in myself if I don't get to take cheesy touristy pictures in these landmarks:

Cruise Canberra

Telstra Tower


Telstra Tower rises 195 metres above the summit of Black Mountain and provides unsurpassed 360 degree views of Canberra and the surrounding countryside. Situated in a beautiful nature reserve with many undisturbed animals, Telstra Tower is a futuristic landmark that plays a vital role in Australia's telecommunication network.

*Travelmall Australia



National Zoo and Aquarium

A modern zoo with large, naturalistic enclosures where there are so many things to do....










*National Zoo & Aquarium, Canberra

Australian National Museum

The National Museum of Australia explores the land, nation and people of Australia. The Museum celebrates Australian social history in a unique way by revealing the stories of ordinary and extraordinary Australians, promoting the exploration of knowledge and ideas and providing a dynamic forum for discussion and reflection.

*www.nma.gov.au
Cockington Green Gardens


meticulously crafted miniature buildings set within beautifully landscaped gardens









The National Science and Technology Centre - I know it sounds really nerdy but I hear that it's so much fun. And if you want to be a kid again (which I always do) it's a great place to spend the day for less than $20!


--------------
I think that's about it. All the other known (and unknown) tourist spots in this city I've already been to. I don't even know why about it now when I should be doing my essay.

Hopefully soon (or at least before I leave here) you'll see me with pictures from these places. Next up.. I'll make a list of restaurants I'm going to drag my boyfriend to.

Ta for now! hope everyone's well..

Labels: , ,

beachbutterfly babbled @ 11:19 PM |

<$BlogItemAuthor$> wrote on <$BlogItemDateTime$>

photos by ron rillo
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

i'm always on the verge of going somewhere else. Not one to settle, i've lived in 7 cities, 4 countries.. and well.. i intend to keep on counting. i live for travelling, shopping, making my parents proud, going to the beach, hanging out with people as insane as i am, boozing and ummm.. having the freedom to be the occasional bum

with ling

~recent ramblings~

~monthly mouthfuls~

March 1999 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 May 2008

~links to my life~

my university
where i am
my highschool
where i'm from
my pictures

~REGULAR READS~

news from home
news here
girly news
world news

~MY NETWORKS~

friendster
hi5
sms.ac
myspace
rice bowl journals
multiply
facebook

~see the sites~

~frequent feeds~

~hit here~

~mail me~

~email my gmail~

~posers!~

~FAB FAMILY~

with ling pebble beach, california with ling war memorial, Canberra with ling hongkong ferry with ling chay&ling @ cena with ling mini me w/ cuzn chie with ling kazahkstan with ling NYE 2005 Sydney with ling wijah, little tea pot with ling bateman's bay

~FREAKY FRIENDS~

with ling Alcoholic KZ crew with ling with flatmate and best friend ron with ling university freaks with ling university kids with ling josh pissed as usual with ling with tete on my 21st with ling filos in uni clinton, alice, rog, ron beach buddies

~credits~

an online asian journaling community Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Powered by Blogger

Skin name: Forever Friends
Picture by: Creatas
Layout by: Mamafai