Tuesday, December 14, 2004
wEaThEr'S W H A C K !
So early this morning (i'm using the word 'early' loosely here) I woke up to go to uni. as per my ritual, before i take a shower - i have a smoke on the balcony, look up at the sky and try to gauge the weather so i can decide on an outfit while i take a shower using half of Canberra's dwindling water supply.
if i were a to give a weather forecast it would say : it's a bright summer day for Canberra. No rain clouds in sight. Put on your most potent sunscreen coz days like these are the perfect time to catch skin cancer.
So i followed my instincts (which aren't very reliable at the mo - they seem to have gone on vacation with the rest of the uni population) and wore a slightly off the shoulder, cotton top with my trusty flip flops. I partly strolled, partly jogged to uni.. got to my lecture 3 minutes late slightly flushed from the long walk (long walk in my standards - so shut up ed and herbie!). I sat there feigning interest in the effects of new media on globalization and digital divide when our lecturer was distracted by what sounded like a mob throwing stones at the fragile windows of building 20 (slight exaggeration may have been employed in describing the tapping sound). Annabelle, our lecturer (also apparently known in the on-line world as [tinkerbella2] *snicker* *snort*), pushed the blinds back to reveal large chunks of ice falling down from the now dark and heavy clouds.
well hell.. just my luck - there's a hail storm just when i couldn't be less equipped for it. I usually have a pull over on me.. but Noooooooooooo.. not today. BECAUSE TODAY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ONE OF"EM SWELTERING AND SUFFOCATING SUMMER DAYS!! Did the freaks up there not get the memo saying that hail's not in the program today??!! Oohh.. to make matters worse roger’s at work so I couldn’t charm my sister to charm him to pick me up like he usually does when the weather’s being a bitch. Bugger.bugger.bugger.
thankfully by the time [tinkerbella2] (*snicker*) finished her lecture, the hail has stopped and the only proof that we weren’t just imagining the hail storm was the very cold puddles dotting the uni grounds. Just my rotten luck I had to walk back home through the muddy football field – for all I know that place has turned into a swamp by now (even when it’s dry the path I take is slightly swampy anyway). So I trudged through the mud and the wet grass.. had god-knows-what stuck to the crevices of my poor li’l toes.. got home after much cursing and whining. At the flat.. had a stick or two with my sis and other flat mate, took a very short power nap (which wasn’t very empowering at all) and watched bits and pieces of Ocean’s 11. Soon enough (too soon really) I had to traverse that bloody trail back to uni for my second set of lectures. But then I was more equipped for the surprises that mother nature might have in store for me. So I wore my sneakers, brought a pullover and threw in an umbrella for good measure and set out to uni for the second time that bloody slack day.
But well.. Australian weather has a perverted sense of humor – it just refuses to cooperate with my chosen outfits.. so just when I was all geared up for the rain or hail or come what may.. the sun decided to give out the punishing heat that the land down under's summers are famous for.
The Weather here’s whack man. Or maybe.. I just make wildly wanky weather forecasts..
beachbutterfly babbled @ 5:28 PM
|
<$BlogItemAuthor$>
wrote on <$BlogItemDateTime$>

- Name: beachbutterfly
- Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
i'm always on the verge of going somewhere else. Not one to settle, i've lived in 7 cities, 4 countries.. and well.. i intend to keep on counting. i live for travelling, shopping, making my parents proud, going to the beach, hanging out with people as insane as i am, boozing and ummm.. having the freedom to be the occasional bum
View my complete profile
~recent ramblings~
~monthly mouthfuls~
March 1999
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
May 2008
~links to my life~
my university
where i am
my highschool
where i'm from
my pictures
~REGULAR READS~
news from home
news here
girly news
world news
~MY NETWORKS~
friendster
hi5
sms.ac
myspace
rice bowl journals
multiply
facebook
~see the sites~
~frequent feeds~
~hit here~
~mail me~
~email my gmail~
~posers!~
~FAB FAMILY~
pebble beach, california
war memorial, Canberra
hongkong ferry
chay&ling @ cena
mini me w/ cuzn chie
kazahkstan
NYE 2005 Sydney
wijah, little tea pot
bateman's bay
~FREAKY FRIENDS~
Alcoholic KZ crew
with flatmate and best friend ron
university freaks
university kids
josh pissed as usual
with tete on my 21st
filos in uni
beach buddies
~credits~

Skin name: Forever Friends
Picture by: Creatas
Layout by: Mamafai